Howto13r1:Step-by-Step Evacuation alarm
During an evacuation, many people must be notified as quickly as possible. Loudspeakers such as those on telephones can be used to broadcast appropriate acoustical evacuation announcements.
With this method, pre-recorded audio announcements can be played on telephones as an announcement calls. This means that a phone will accept the call automatically and play the announcement via speaker. The solution is possible in cases where rapid notification of many users is required. Examples would be fire alarms, bomb alarms, medical assistance, first aid, etc.
By calling a defined phone number, the corresponding announcement is played on the respective devices. The devices play the announcement until the caller hangs up or the audio file is finished or has been played x times.
- Play sound message to many users immediately
- Use existing hardware (phones) as speakers
- Alarming across buildings/campuses/locations possible
- Announcement can be repeated x times
- Alarming from an external source (eg. a mobile phone) is possible (if it is not forbidden according to the configuration)
- This solution uses a method for one-way announcement without conversation If you want to enable microphones in the event of an attack, consult the training book on intrusion feature.
- Please remember that this solution create a separate rtp-unicast-stream per device. This can lead to high loads on the network for many devices. If you are looking for a multicast-based solution, you can take a look at the multicast feature.
- This Solution will not interrupt existing calls. If you are looking for an interruption of running calls, also the multicast feature could be a solution.
- Third party SIP units like IP speaker, door phones, etc., must support innovaphone Announcement feature (i.e. Answer-Mode: Auto according to RFC5373) otherwise the unit needs to be in an auto answer mode to answer the call automatically
- myApps client on Smartphones must answer the announcement calls manually
- IP6x DECT-phones must answer the announcement calls manually
- IP73 WLAN-phone does not support innovaphone Announcement feature
- innovaphone PBX
- Devices that support innovaphones Announcement feature like innovaphone phones
- 1 x Port-license
- Audio file in wav, mp3, flac or ogg format
Things to know before you begin
- Which users should be alerted
- Which secret telephone number should be used for alerting
- How the alert should be named in the configuration
- MAC address of your PBX
- Exact wording of your evacuation message
In our scenario, we have the following initial situation:
- An evacuation option for a fire alarm should be created which will play an Audiofile "fire, please leave the building" on specific phones.
- Our PBX has the serial number/mac address: 009033420621.
- The alarm-function will be called "evacuation_fire".
- The secret number to trigger the alarm is "##**##11".
- Three users (slu, msu, kpe) are to be notified of the alarm.
Convert audio files
You have to format the already recorded audio files into certain formats on our website.
Provide audio files via Webdav
To make your audio files available to the PBX, create a folder with those files in your Files App and share them by a fileskey.
- in the Files App, click on the add folder symbol on the upper right
- rename the new folder to evacuation
- click on the Mark button on the upper right and make sure only the new evacuation folder is ticked
- click on the right arrow button on the right
- select share as link with filekey and leave all other fileds empty. The click on Share
- open the new folder by clicking on the folder name evacuation
- copy all files (fire-alarm.g711a, fire-alarm.g711u, fire-alarm.g722, fire-alarm.g723, fire-alarm.g729, fire-alarm.opus-nb, fire-alarm.opus-wb) to the evacuation using drag-and-drop from the Windows-Explorer to the Files App
- finally click on the little i symbol on the upper right. Take note of the link shown (you may want to copy it to a text file)
You will need the fileskey=JdK9bA1TnnaeY4cu option later on as it allows access to the shared files in you evacuation.
Create PBX/Gateway Connection
On the AdvancedUI PBX/Objects create a new Object with the type Gateway and configure as follows:
- Long Name: http-if
- Name: http-if
- Hide from LDAP: enabled
- Critical: enabled
- Harwdare Id: MAC Address PBX-HTTP (eg. 009033112233-HTTP), also enable the checkmark TLS only
Configure HTTP Interface
On the AdvancedUI Gateway/Interfaces you have to configure the interface HTTP as follows:
- Name: http-if
- Protocol: H.323/TLS
- Gatekeeper Address: 127.0.0.1
- Exclusive: enabled
- MOH Mode: enabled
After a successful configuration, you see the IP-Address 127.0.0.1 in the interface overview.
Configure the Evacuation scenario
Now we will configure the alerting. Remember that if you want to use multiple alerts, you can do this step several times for different alerts.
Create a Bc Conference Object
- Long Name: evacuation_fire
- Name: evacuation_fire
- Number: ##**##11
Now you have to switch to the tab Conference-Device and configure as follows:
- External Conference Resource Name: http-if
- Create Dynamic Conference Id: enabled
Now you have to switch to the tab Bc-Conference-Config and configure as follows:
- Alert Timeout: 30
- Connecting Mode: Timeout
- Answer Timeout: 15
- Disconnect last remaining user: enabled
- Allow Announcement Calls: enabled
- Call always as Announcement Call: enabled
Create PBX group
On the AdvancedUI PBX/Objects create a new PBX group by clicking the + in the column Groups as follows:
In the Popup, configure the new group as follows:
- Name: evacuation_fire
- Active: enabled
Add Users to the PBX group
On the AdvancedUI PBX/Objects put all needed users (the phone should be used as speaker) to the newly created PBX group evacuation_fire by clicking the + or the existing groups at the user in the column groups.
In the Popup, you can select the already existing group evacuation_fire and add the user to this group.
Repeat this step for all needed users.
Add Audio player
On the AdvancedUI Gateway/Routes create a entry for the given number ##**##11 by clicking the button to create a new route as follows.
In the popup, you have to configure the route as follows:
- Description: evacuation_fire
- RWEB http-if: enabled
- Destination: HTTP http-if (The selectbox in the right upper corner)
- Add UUI: http://URL to the audio files/evacuation/filename.$coder?coder=g711a&repeat=1&disc=true&fileskey=fileskey (Example: http://apps.slu.de/slu.de/files/UI/evacuation/fire.$coder?coder=g711a&repeat=1&disc=true&fileskey=JdK9bA1TnnaeY4cu)
- Note: maximum 100 characters for this URL
- &repeat=1 can be used for multiple repetitions (0 means playing once, 1 means playing twice, ..)
- Verify CGPN: enabled
After you have created this, you have to add a CGPN Map to the route by clicking the arrow to the right.
In the popup, you have to enter the Number of the Bc Conference Object (##**##11) in the field Number In.
- Call ##**##11 from a phone.
- The expected behavior would be that all users in the group evacuation_fire gives a short ringtone and then switch to speaker mode and play an announcement.