Howto:Belgium - Proximus - Business Trunking - SIP Provider(2015)
Current test state
Testing of this product has been finalized July 3rd, 2015.
All SIP Telephony Provider (i.e. Carrier)
- Reduction of connectivity costs and profitability of your data network infrastructure
- A uniform, streamlined, optimized telephony infrastructure
- Transparency: you keep your existing telephone numbers and acquire a user environment similar to the one you had
- Flexibility: you choose the number of voice channels you need and can add or remove them any time as your business evolves
- Availability guarantee, thanks to the integration of fixed telephony in your data network on the Explore platform
- Most of the basic telephony features are supported (caller number display, selective blocking of incoming calls, etc.).
- Reporting tool for your voice traffic (number of calls, destinations, quality, etc.).
- Protocol supported: SIP. / Codec supported: T.38, G.711 and G.729.
- Call routing and identification to emergency services with identification of the call origin, in accordance with existing regulations.
- Compatible with VMS Classic (call routing management) and VMS-DRS (Disaster Recovery Solution, a backup solution for your telephony services).
- Possible extension to mobile telephony, unified communications, and other Proximus telephony services.
- Compatibility: only telephone exchanges certified by us can be connected in the Business Trunking solution (this certification guarantees interoperability).
SIP Provider: Proximus
The tests were made by Proximus Netcenter Lab (previous name Belgacom) following their Compatibility Certification Plan for interoperability with Proximus IMS network. No tests have been conducted by innovaphone.
Innovaphone passed all the required tests and is therefore qualified as compatible Vendor/Device for this product/service.
As main/unique features we have the Redundancy mechanism and Emergency calls handling that require a specific configuration. It's necessary to run the latest v11r2 firmware to operate with this SIP Trunk.
CLIP No Screening isn't supported by regulation. However Rerouting is possible with Business Trunking and rerouted calls display the original caller CLIP to the redirected party/destination.
Extensive Fax tests were successfully made also with an IP22. Both T.38 and G.711 fax calling are possible with different call scenarios.
- Direct Dial In
- CGPN can be suppressed
- Emergency Calls
- Fax over IP (T.38/G711)
- Supported Codecs by the provider
- T.38 UDP
Test Results and Configuration:
|Proximus - Corporate customer service|
|Boulevard Roi Albert II 27 B - 1030 Brussels|
|Tel:||+32 800 55 200|
|Contact page :||Proximus Contact page|