Howto:Waiting Queue Announcement depending on Daytime using Boolean Object
This article describes how to configure a Waiting Queue Object(WQ) to play announcements depending on the daytime or state of a Boolean Object.
This information applies to
- innovaphone PBX V7 and later.
The approach to create boolean dependent CFUs on the WQ is not the optimal solution, cause it will force you to create more than one WQ Object with partially redundant configuration. The solution is to offload announcement to the Boolean Object, which is able to play announcements depending on their state.
On the Waiting Queue Object configure the 1st Announcement to point to the Name of the Boolean Object(Worktime) used to switch on-time and off-time.
Now create a Boolean Object named Worktime with following configuration:
- Announcement TRUE
- plays a business day announcement
- Announcement FALSE
- plays an automatic off-time announcement
- Announcement manual override TRUE
- plays a business day announcement or you can set a third state like sunday work etc.
- Announcement manual override FALSE
- plays a manual set off-time announcement like holiday etc.