Reference13r2:Concept myAPPs Search in local-Outlook Contacts
- Microsoft Office Outlook
- PBX Version 13r2
- myAPPs Windows launcher version 13r2
- configured MAPI profile in Outlook (connection to Exchange Account)
By default the feature is enabled. It can be deactivated in the myAPPs-Windows-launcher settings.
Forward search is performed for firstname and/or lastname in all exchange accounts. Reverse lookup is done on normalized CGPN.
Following attributes within Outlook are displayed upon name search (if available):
Tracing and logging
In the tracing folder you will find logfiles named "myAppsOutlookSearch-*.txt".
If there is no 'myAppsOutlookSearch.txt'-file at all, check if Outlook has registered itself in the Windows registry: The Windows registry should contain two registry entries under Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\OUTLOOK.EXE (check via the 'regedit'-command):
- (Default): pointing to 'OUTLOOK.EXE'-file.
- Path: pointing to the directory of Outlook.
Search in public contacts
Note: evaluated by partner
When searching public contacts is not possible, check following settings:
- Open Outlook account settings
- Edit user account, step to 'more settings', select tab 'Advanced'
- Activate "Download public folder favourites"
- Add the public folder within favourites
- Restart Outlook
- Outlook synchronises the contacts
- Restart myApps
- Works only with windows launcher and so Windows compliant only.
- Search is done in all accessible directories. Any access restrictions need to be set via Exchange.
- High load on Exchange Server duo myAPPS Outlook search feature, this can happen if the feature "Exchange-Cache-Mode" it's not enabled on the Account settings of Outlook so it's advised to use this feature to avoid high load on the Exchange Server.