The recording feature permits to record conversations on a recording device. Recording is implemented as a 3 party (3PTY) conference between the two conversation peers and the recording device. While a conversation is recorded no other 3 party conference can be opened. A ``Recording´´ message in the status line and/or the label/LED-pattern of a function key with the ``Recording´´ function assigned indicates that the current conversation is recorded.
- Manual: Recording of the active call is manually started and stopped by pressing the Redial key or a function key with the ``Recording´´ function assigned.
- Transparent: Recording is started automatically as soon as a call is connected and stopped when there is no call left. It cannot be stopped manually.
- Optional: Recording is started automatically as soon as a call is connected. It can be stopped and restarted manually by pressing the Redial key or a function key with the ``Recording´´ function assigned.
- Number: The telephone number of the recording device.
- Name: The H.323 name of the recording device (if any).
- External call only: Restrict recording to calls from/to external lines.
- Function Key Control Only: Recording can be started and stopped by a ``Recording´´ function key only. The Redial key keeps it's normal function (context dependent, for example it initiates a blind transfer of the active call). No ``Recording´´ message is displayed in the status line if this checkmark is set, the recording state is indicated by the associated key label/LED-pattern only.
- Two Way Media: Enable reciving of media data from the recording device. By default the recording call from the phone to the recording device is established in sendonly mode because usually a recording device does not send any media data. ``Two Way Media´´ need to be checked only in special application cases, for example when the Innovaphone Operator "Greeting Function" or a "Recording prompt" is used.
The recording call from the phone to the recording device is a straight fresh call with the recording phones telephone number as calling line id. However, the remote party number (that is, the party the agent is talking to) will be sent with this call as diverting number (H.450 leg2 information in H.323 and Diversion: header in SIP, respectively). Please note that when the agent does consultation calls while recording, the recorded stream always follows the active call. The changing remote party numbers are notified in the recording call through a CT-COMPLETE with number/h323id (which is interworked to an UPDATE or re-INVITE request with updated P-Asserted-Identity: header in SIP).
The diversion info sent in the recording call will indicate an incoming call as diversion user busy and an outgoing call as diversion-no-answer.
This special attribution can be suppressed with the
/recording-without-remote-party-info flag for the
PHONE SIG config line (e.g.
config add PHONE SIG /recording-without-remote-party-info).
- available from V6 SR2