Howto:Simple caller notification Voicemail XML Script
This information applies to
- innovaphone PBX, V6 SR1 and later
- innovaphone Voicemail
- innovaphone phones, including softphone and bria softphone
This article explains how a simple caller notification could be set up by using a modified voicemail script. The Calling Party will get a simple notification without the possibility to leave a message. The most popular example is a caller notification, that he is calling beyond working hours.
- Running innovaphone PBX V6 SR1 and later
- Installed compact flash card or external WebServer with webdav funtionatilty
- Running innovaphone Voicemail
- Create a new folder called notify on the CF card
- Copy files from the download page to this new folder named notify
- Configure a VM object which points to the modified vm.xml script (for example http://127.0.0.1/DRIVE/CF0/notify/prompt-or-record.xml)
- From V13 on you can upload files to the AP-Platform via the Files-app to get access to them via webdav. Read here howto accomplish it.
- Calling the VM object will allow you to record the notification - this will be saved as announcement.g711a
- A call diverted to the VM object will play the announcement and quit the call
A simple call to the VM object can delete/overwrite the announcement. To provide this, you may delete the extension number after recording and make the call divertion depending on the NAME of the VM object.
- Download the complete file package of scripts and files described in this article.