This page describes the PBX Manager Plugin of the Fax App.
The fax app service can be configured and user apps can be added, configured or deleted with this PBX Manager Plugin of the fax app. The app service provides user fax apps:
- with a personal account.
- with a group account.
The fax service applies the fax configuration like subscriber name of a fax object for fax calls to and from this fax object. Therefore each fax object must have access to a fax interface resource to send and receive fax calls. A fax interface should be registered to the first app object; further app objects can also use this fax interface if the first app object is configured as external resource in these app objects.
App Service Configuration
- Delete fax jobs automatically: Fax jobs of all users with a certain age in days can be automatically deleted by the system if configured.
Required data for outgoing emails:
- Hostname: Resolvable DNS name or an IP address literal of your app platform with the SMTP client (e.g. [184.108.40.206]). If the SMTP server (e.g. public SMTP server) is connected through a NAT router, a DNS name or an IP address is to be used which resolves to the NAT router's public IP.
- Server[:port]: Resolvable DNS name or an IP address of the used SMTP server plus optional port separated by ':'.
- User name: The login name of a valid user account at the SMTP server (mandatory).
- Password: The password of the SMTP user account (mandatory).
- Sender address: The email address of the sender in sent emails.
- Sender name: The name of the sender in sent emails.
Options for text modifications of sent emails:
- For incoming documents
- For successfully sent documents
- For transmission errors
The email body is supposed to be a HTML-formatted text generated by e.g. an email program. The mail subject is plain text. Following placeholders can be used both within the subject and the body:
- $1: The long name of PBX user
- $2: The remote (contact) name, the remote number or anonymous
- $3: The remote number
- $4: The page count
- $5: The call count (only within the error mail)
- $6: The error cause (only within the error mail)
- $7: The error description (only within the error mail)
HTML email body example for a transmission confirmation email
<!DOCTYPE html> <html lang="en"> <head> <meta charset="utf-8"/> <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0;"/> </head> <body> <h1>Fax: Transmission successful</h1> <p>Fax was successfully transmitted</p> <p>Name of sender: $1</p> <p>Name of recipent: $2</p> <p>Number of recipent: $3</p> <p>Sent pages: $4</p> </body> </html>
Individual Fax App Configuration
Following items can be configured in a PBX Fax object (including fax group objects):
- Name: Object long name
- SIP: Object name. Allowed characters according to the general object properties. Using unallowed characters, e.g. spaces, can result in an unexpected behavior of the app, e.g. the badge counts do not work.
- Number: Object number to be prepended for fax calls.
- International fax number: Printed in the headline of fax document. The user (send) number is added, but not the node number.
- Company name: Printed in the headline of fax document.
- Email addresses: The email addresses of the PBX object. They can be used for email notifications of the app service.
- FAX interface: Selection of fax-capable devices available in the system. For the interface search, the user needs access to the DevicesApi app.
- Device name: Name of the device as defined in the Devices App
- Hardware ID: Serial number (MAC) of a device
- Product: innovaphone device model
- Available channels: Amount of offered fax channels
- T.38 allowed: T.38 codec for the fax transmission allowed
- Audio fax allowed: Audio codecs (G.711) for the fax transmission allowed. Availability depends on the device type. Two DSP channels are needed for each used fax channel.
- External Resource: The H.323 name of another reachable PBX Fax-object as call destination, which provides a registration to an innovaphone FAX interface endpoint.
- For fax objects: This is only used if no fax interface is registered.
- For group fax objects: This is a mandatory option, and a fax object can be selected. You can also select another group fax object (which has selected a working fax object).
- Node and PBX: The PBX and node configuration of the PBX object. Node numbers are considered for the calling party numbers.
- Default Recipient: Faxes are received for this user or this fax group, if no personal fax number is appended, the number is not assigned or the assigned user has no fax license.
- Configuration Templates: select configuration templates to be applied for the fax app object